(Summer 2021 Update)
Campus Shuttle Suspended Until August
The Notre Dame Shuttle will suspend service for the months of June and July. Shuttle service ended Friday, May 28, and is expected to resume in August. Parking should be more available closer to places of work during this time. Please contact Parking Services at 574-631-5053 if you are in need of accommodations.
Shuttles will operate Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Shuttles will run every 10-15 minutes. Cardinal Buses will continue to provide shuttle service and, new this fall, Transportation Services will provide University-operated vans to complement Cardinal’s service.
This fall there will be two shuttle routes instead of three:
- Bulla/Hesburgh Library/Snite Museum Circle: A Cardinal Bus will continue to handle this route throughout the day, with a University-operated van providing additional supplemental coverage between the peak ridership hours of 7:30 and 10 a.m.
- Bulla Lot to Main Building: A Cardinal bus will operate this route when ridership is highest, between 7 and 9 a.m. and 4 to 6 p.m. A University-operated van will provide service in the off-peak hours between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m.
- (Baseball/Joyce Lot to McKenna/Main Circle: This route is discontinued due to low ridership over the course of the past two years.)
Transportation Services and Notre Dame Police Department Parking Services recommended the changes, which were approved by Mike Seamon, vice president for campus safety and university operations.
“Before the pandemic disrupted campus life, Transportation Services, per the recommendation of the University’s Parking Committee in 2017, tracked two years of ridership data that revealed shuttle use was very light during the middle of the day,” Seamon said.
“The modifications to the shuttle service align with the campus community demand and also demonstrates responsible stewardship of University resources, particularly during this challenging period of time,” he added.
Anyone with questions or comments is encouraged to email email@example.com or call 574-631-6467. If changes are made to meet the needs of those on campus, they will be widely communicated to faculty, staff and students.
Fare-free transportation is provided for University students, faculty, and staff on all routes throughout the South Bend/Mishawaka system with a valid University ID. Visit TRANSPO’s website for more information on routes and schedules
Route 17 – The SWEEP
- The SWEEP provides service between Notre Dame, Holy Cross and Saint Mary’s College. The SWEEP connects right to the #7 Route on campus.
- Route 7 leaves from the Hesburgh Library circle drive and travels to University Park Mall and downtown South Bend near Four Winds Field.