Campus Dining, in partnership with Student Government, Student Activities, Student Affairs and Facilities Design and Operations, began the renovation of North Dining Hall (NDH) on Monday, October 17, 2016. Completion of the project is anticipated by the beginning of the 2017 fall semester.
What does the North Dining Hall renovation include?The dining hall will remain open while academic classes are in session throughout the fall and spring semesters. Because of the extensive work and compressed timeline, the dining hall will be totally shut down during the University’s winter break and after final exams in May. See the detailed timeline here.
- Improvements to the existing servery design and operation
- New east building entrance and social space in south lobby
- Review and refurbishing of all major building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building envelope, etc.
- Modernization of the kitchen and supporting areas
- Renewal of the 30-year-old dining room finishes
- Improvements to the Grab-and-Go station
- Accomodations for increasing allergen-free, vegan and other alternative menu options
- Aesthetic improvements to the east facade of the building and site improvements east of the building
- Review of accessibility for the entire building
Campus Dining is working hard to alleviate any inconveniences to guests with the following solutions:Upcoming Adjustments to Assist our Guests
- Longer hours at NDH to match SDH
- Opening between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Additional Flex Points added to resident campus meal plan holders
- Adjusting hours at other Campus Dining operations
South Dining Hall has ample space and will be utilizing both dining rooms as needed during the remodel of NDH to accommodate all guests.